Sunday, October 24, 2010

Introduce Eco Art to my home country 把生態藝術帶回家

“Reclamation Exercise" Eco Art Exhibition (2010) 《回收作業》生態藝術展覽(2010)
 
I was used to collect wastage since I was young.

Walking into a moldy house, searching for the unfamiliar people’s photos, bringing the broken toy home, enjoy and appreciate. The beautiful glasses, children's garments with the smell of butter, old and dusty plastic flowers. Leaves from the mountain to make the fiber, with knitting and needlework to be fashion. Things being dumped, had once been valued, ever been loved.

Creating while collecting, love to use materials being called as waste or rubbish, return them an existence value. Construction wasted wood, wrapping paper, plastic bottles, old newspaper, and every second hand household items, are the soul for creation. My previous publication and exhibition artwork, mainly focus on the contradiction between human and nature, and rethink how greed and desire nibble up human and object.

In spring 2009, while packing, I looked back the overseas exhibition and exchange program photos, recalled a New York friend who was preparing an eco art exhibition. I realized that there is no such art form in Hong Kong. With the above reasons, I got the first eco art funding from the Hong Kong Arts Development Council.

Here and now, I have my documentation.

自少愛拾荒。
進入發霉破屋,搜尋陌生者的相片,帶支離破碎的玩具回家,賞樂。美麗玻璃瓶、酥味的孩子服陳舊塵蓋的塑膠花山上落葉製纖維,一針一線縫時裝。別人遺棄的,曾經風光,被愛過。
拾荒中創作,喜歡用被人稱作廢料的物件造藝術品,還物件一份存在意義。建築廢木、包裝紙盒、塑膠瓶、過氣報紙雜誌,及林林總總二手家居用品,是創作的靈魂。過往出版和展覽作品,主要探討人在自然的矛盾,反思個人慾望如何蠶食人與物。
2009年春天,在收納中,回看外地展覽與交流照片,憶起紐約朋友那年正在籌備生態藝術聯展,覺醒香港不曾出現這類藝術形式。就以上等等原因,我取了藝術發展局第一個生態藝術資助。
在此,我記錄。

No comments:

Post a Comment